In the projects related to power generation & distribution, chemical & fertilizer industries and various other types of engineering industries, the process instrumentation plays a vita role in measurement, supervision and control of the process. Introduction of microprocessor based/computerised instrumentation has demanded stringent quality requirements along with special electrical parameters . Very low level electrical signals pass between measuring end and display units/controllers which are situated far off. These low level signals are prone to external noise pickups and heavy silenuation during transmission.
All this means that the cables to be used for instrumentation should be designed and manufactured very carefully, Avocab with its meticulous efforts in maintaining quality, stringent in process control during manufacture and the knowledge of cable designing, is proud to say that it is capable of supplying instrumentation cables meeting any Indian/International standard or a specific requirement desired by project authority. The efforts done by Avocab are reqarded by acceptance of our quality by the country's prime organisations such as NTPC, PDIL, EIL, BHEL, TATA's, IOCL, L&T, ABB, KRUPP Ind, BPCL., HPCL, ESSAR, SIEMENS, Electricity Boards, Reliance, IOTL, Mukand, Honeywell, etc.
Conductor: 0.4 mm dia (0.126 Sq.mm) to 2.5 sq.mm. or higher sizes of electrolytic copper wire, Tinned/untinned, solid/stranded copper conductors.
Insulation: 70/85/105oC. Grade PVC, Polyethylene, Halogen Free FRLS Polymeric Compounds.
Elements: Pairs/Triples/Quads, colour coded/number printed ring marked/dual colour extruded.
Shields: Aluminium Polyester tape screen with Copper drain wire or alternately with with Copper wire braiding. Individual element or overall shielding as specified.
Element laying: Concentric formation or unit & group formation as per applicable specification.
Amounting: Galvanised steel wire/strip amount.
Sheathing: PVC 70/90oC. grade, PVC FRLS, ZHFR, CSP, PCP, EVA, etc.
Specification: BS:5308 (1 & 2), iec-189 (1 & 2), VDE 0815, ENI 0181.00 and customers specifications.
This test is intended to evaluate cables which are designed as fire survival cables to be used for fire alarm circuits, emergency lighting, and cables for other emergency services. The test establishes whether a cable can maintain electrical circuit integrity for a time up to 3 hours at temperatures ranging from 650 °C up to in excess of 950 °C. The energized cable (at the rated voltage) is mounted horizontally in a test chamber and is exposed to a gas flame from a ribbon type burner, adjusted to give the appropriate temperature. There are many variations of this test using different conditions and a cable is rated depending on how the cable performs in the various categories. These categories can be summarized as follows:
- IEC 60331-21: Cables are subjected to fire at 750 °C for 90 minutes followed by a 15 min cooling period.
- BS 6387 (Category A): Cables are subjected to fire at 650 °C for 180 minutes.
- BS 6387 (Category B): Cables are subjected to fire at 750 °C for 180 minutes.
- BS 6387 (Category C): Cables are subjected to fire at 950 °C for 180 minutes.
- BS 6387 (Category S): Cables are subjected to fire at 950 °C for 20 minutes (short duration).
Performance of Cables in the Event of Fire Resistance to Fire with Water
BS 6387 (Category W): Cables are subjected to fire at 650 °C for 15 minutes, then at 650°C with water Spray for further 15 minutes.
Resistance to Fire with Mechanical Shock :
- Cables are subjected to fire at 830 °C with mechanical shock for 120 minutes.
- BS 6387 (Category X): Cables are subjected to fire at 650 °C with mechanical shock for 15 minutes.
- BS 6387 (Category Y): Cables are subjected to fire at 750 °C with mechanical shock for 15 minutes.
- BS 6387 (Category Z): Cables are subjected to fire at 950 °C with mechanical shock for 15 minutes.
The cable will possess the characteristics for providing circuit integrity so long as during the course of the test; the voltage is maintained i.e. no fuse fails or circuit-breaker is interrupted and a conductor does not rupture, i.e. the lamp is not extinguished.
- To maintain circuit integrity during the Fire.
- Standard Specifications: IS / IEC / BS.
- Range Copper 1.5 SQMM to 400 SQMM
- Special Characteristics: Withstand flame temperature of 750 degree centigrade up to 3 hours without electrical breakdown at rated voltage.
- Does not produce noxious smoke, propagate flame & fumes which hinder fire fighting and endanger life.